What Is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is the practice of providing calming and relaxing sedation techniques to patients who need help relaxing during dental visits. There are many different ways to administer sedation to patients. Our staff is fully trained and certified to administer sedation to our patients safely and responsibly. If you fear the dentist, sedation dentistry could help you get the treatment you need, without the fear, anxiety, and pain.
Why Would I Need It?
Many people are afraid or uncomfortable going to the dentist. Sedation dentistry offers pain-free and anxiety-free dental procedures for patients who may experience a variety of issues when it comes to visiting the dentist. Sedation dentistry can:
- Help people who fear dental procedures
- Help people who fear needles
- Help people who have difficulty with their gag reflex
- People who have very sensitive teeth
- People who have a bad experiences with previous dentists
- People who have difficulty becoming numb from oral injections
- Provide an opportunity to perform multiple or lengthy dental procedures in a single session
Conscious sedation methods include prescribed medication, inhalation and intravenous sedation. Inhalation sedation (nitrous oxide oxygen, otherwise known as laughing gas) is the most common sedation technique. Patients recover more quickly and may leave the dental office alone and immediately resume normal activities.
If you fear dental procedures, then sedation dentistry may be the no-pain, low-anxiety dental alternative you desire.