What Are Dentures?
Dentures are a custom made set of false teeth. Dentures can be a great solution for a person who has lost some, or all of their teeth. If you are looking for an option that is less permanent than implants, a set of professionally crafted dentures are the solution. The dentures we provide for our patients are high quality and extremely realistic. No one will know they aren’t your natural teeth unless you tell them! A set of nice, high quality dentures can do wonders for self-esteem and restore a sense of pride and confidence in a smile.
There are two types of dentures:
- Full Denture – a set of dentures for both your top and bottom teeth
- Partial Denture – a denture made specifically for either your top or bottom teeth
Missing teeth can create a host of aesthetic and functional problems including sagging facial muscles, inability to eat certain foods, and even speak. Dentures may be your best solution if you’ve lost all your natural teeth due to periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury.
Fitting a patient for dentures does not have to be a traumatic experience. During the preliminary visit, the remaining teeth are removed and a model is made of the patient’s jaw. An immediate denture may be fitted so the patient does not have to be without teeth while the mouth tissue heals. Once the mouth tissue is completely healed, the patient is fitted with their custom dentures.
Dentures have many benefits including:
- With a bit of practice you can eat, laugh, smile, and speak with great functionality – something people will all of their natural teeth take for granted
- Smile with confidence
- Keep your facial structure and tissues in place
- Achieve the perfect smile you dream about